April 07, 2010

House 13

Unlucky for some but I fell in love with this house from the minute I walked in the door. On at 235k down from 265K its just off manor street. Its a 2 bed, open plan with large garden. Needs a bit of work but...

Agent says they have an offer of €213000 and I feel like jumping in with all I have but hold back. Agent later rings to say they have a new offer of 220K and I dissapointingly say Im out .

Surpringsly to me but not a surprise to anyone elseshe rings to say the other buyer has dropped out as they cant get a mortgage and do I want to offer 220k. Im all confused , is this the dirty tricks everyone has told me about?

I visit the house at night and see a different side to it. Its very near a flat complex, kids are hanging around everywhere and it just doesnt feel right.

I see a couple of police and ask them about the area and while they think the street is nice they tell me how there are a lot of gougers hanging around, loads of anti social behaviour and theyre glad I dont own a car!

Rang the agent yesterday to say I wont be placing a bid.

UPDATE May 10 - has gone sale agreed

sold 06/10 223k

not listed anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment