April 12, 2012

6 months on and 1 year since I viewed the house

I eventually got the password to this blog and can give an update .

The damp that was on the party wall was from a leaking radiator in the neighbours. The walls were scarily buckled , a fact that was noted as within normal levels by the surveyer so I have left it alone. However I had false stud walls built onto these walls as we werent happy attaching everything to a bowed front wall.

Everything else went according to plan and it looks amazing. I borrowed more money to enable extra work to be done like new windows. The whole house was eventually replastered too which I hadnt budgeted for. I also had to have the extension roof replaced which cost another 1k. Because of all this I didnt have enough to refurb the downstairs bathroom. Its functional but not very pretty !

This is the full list of work Ive done so far

All walls insulated and replastered.
Attic hatch put in and floor insulated
New windows in every room and wireless alarm fitted
New floors through out
House painted through out
New upstairs bathroom
Combi boiler fitted
Heating system installed
Complete kitchen built and put in including all appliances and units

All this took approx 6 weeks.

Work still to be done

Outside of house to be painted- front and back
Front steps to be rebuilt
Front door stripped and painted
Back door to be replaced
Stairs runner to be fitted , bannisters to be stripped and painted
Second bathroom to be gutted and retiled, new fittings, new shower
Attic to be floored

Photos to follow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment